311 City Services... 24 x 7 x 365
Chicago's 311 Call Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Last year, the 311 Call Center received approximately 3.4 million calls. The Call Center operators have received extensive training and are prepared to treat every caller as a valued customer. Also, they have access to a language bank to request the services of translators if needed who speak more than 100 languages.
Learning More About 311: Call 311 if you want to...
- Find services and programs within the City of Chicago, or to find the appropriate department or agency to direct your questions and/or concerns.
- Request numerous City Services. Some of these services include, but are not limited to request garbage carts, report stray animals, report abandoned vehicles and more.
- Request information about City and neighborhood events, including parades, Grant and Millennium Parks festivals, Chicago Public Library programs, etc. Also visit the City's official Tourism Website: www.explorechicago.org
- Find out what Police District and beat you live in, as well as the date, time and location of your next beat meeting.
- File a non-emergency police report or talk to police personnel in your district. Remember, dial 311 if the incident that you are reporting has occurred and the offender is gone from the scene; however, dial 911 if the incident you are reporting is in progress and the presence of a police officer will help resolve the matter.