What We Do
Buildings Hearings Division
The Buildings Hearings Division hears cases initiated from the Building, Fire and Zoning Departments. Common complaints include:
- Building code violations (i.e., unkept buildings, buildings with safety, structural, plumbing, electrical problems)
- Gang and narcotics (i.e., task force cases involving illegal gang activity and drug houses)
- Zoning code violations (i.e., illegal construction/conversions without proper permit and billboard violations);
- Lead paint in buildings with minors; and,
- Fire code violations (i.e., insufficient exits or fire extinguishers, firetrap buildings).
For more information, please contact: Administrative Hearings, Buildings Hearings Division, (312)742-8254.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)