1. Q. What has changed recently regarding these particular trade licenses?
A. First-time licensing applications (excluding renewals) for Supervising Electrician, Plumber’s Apprentice, Journeyman Plumber, Plumbing Contractor and Mason Contractor shall now be mailed to the following address:
City of Chicago
(List the specific trade license type here)
P.O. Box 388249
Chicago, IL 60638-8249
2. Q. Who should I call with questions regarding “first-time applications” for these trade licenses?
A. Continental Testing Services, Inc. (CTS) is a private company and testing service hired by the City to process applications, proctor and grade examinations for certain types of trade licenses. Call (800) 359-1313 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding first-time applications for these trades. Please note that incomplete applications will be returned without processing.
3. Q. Did the examination fees and license fees change?
A. No. The examination fees and license renewal fees have not changed for these trade licenses.
4. Q. Where can I find the licensing application forms, exam schedules, exam study materials other information regarding the application procedure?
A. Application forms and instructions for these types of trade licenses can be found at the Department of Buildings website and CTS’s website (www.continentaltesting.net).
5. Q. Does Continental Testing Services (CTS) also process renewals for these trade licenses?
A. No. Renewal of these trade licenses are completed by the licensees online at the Department of Buildings website.
6. How do I contact the Department of Buildings’ Bureau of Licensing and Registration?
A. (312) 743-9061
7. Q. How frequently is the list of active licensees updated on the Department of Buildings website?
A. The list of active license holders for these trade licenses is updated daily on the Department of Buildings website (www.cityofchicago.org/buildings).