Apply for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
WIC-Women Infant Children is a federal funded program implemented by the City of Chicago Department of Public Health that provides pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum women, children and infants with nutrition assistance.
WIC is a special nutrition program that assists with:
- Pregnant, breast-feeding or post-partum women
- Infants up to one year of age
- Children up to 5 years of age
- Participants must both be low income and at nutritional risk
To apply for WIC benefits bring the following to a WIC Location:
- Two current paycheck stubs or Public Aid Card
- Shot Records of your child
- Picture ID/Social Security Card
- Health Referral form completed by your health care provider
To qualify for WIC, you must Meet Income Guidelines
- Free breastfeeding counseling
- Monthly checks for items such as milk, eggs, cereal, cheese, and produce
- Infants receive infant formula and as they get older, cereal and baby food
Contact one of the WIC locations near you to get started! Click here to view a list of WIC locations.
Download a WIC flyer
For more information please call the Chicago Department of Public Health (312) 747-9140.