Fire Guard License
Application Procedure for Fire Guard License
All Applicants Shall:
- Complete the application.
- Contact the Bureau of Fire Prevention at 312-744-4762 to make an appointment to take the test.
- Upon making application, study the material provided in the “Fire Safety Guidelines for Exhibition and Show Fire Guards"
- Arrive on time at 444 North Dearborn Street, 2nd Floor, to take the examination.
- At the time of testing, provide two (1½ inch by 2 inch), current, color, photographs.
- Submit payment of $20.00. Payment must be a check or money order made out to the City of Chicago Department of Revenue.
- Take and pass a written examination. (A score of 70% is required to pass.)
The license is valid for one year after issuance. To renew, mail the license along with a $20.00 check made out to the City of Chicago Department of Revenue, along with two, new, passport-type pictures. The renewed card will be returned by mail.
Please call 312-744-4762 with any additional questions.