Fashion Focus Chicago
DCASE Homepage > Fashion Focus Chicago
The City of Chicago’s Fashion Program is supported by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events and partners with the Mayor’s Fashion Council, other City agencies, and the fashion community to:
- highlight the vibrancy and sustainability of the Chicago fashion industry and the business of fashion
- provide resources and facilitate opportunities for fashion professionals through advocacy, education and industry data collection and distribution
- strive to establish Chicago as a fashion destination and elevate the brand of fashion in Chicago
- partner and advise sister City agencies and industry organizations to work together to overcome challenges
- appoint, guide and direct the Mayor’s Fashion Council and its committees
- develop and execute Fashion Focus Chicago program initiatives each year and assure that they are aligned with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Cultural Plan for the City of Chicago. These programs include Fashion Focus: Chicago’s Fashion Week, Chicago Fashion Industry Town Hall, Annual Sidewalk Sale & Runway, and fashion education programming at events such as Creative Chicago Expo.
July 22 & 23 Fashion Focus Chicago Sidewalk Sale
The Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events presents the eighth annual Fashion Focus Chicago Sidewalk Sale at Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington St. The two-day shopping event on Tuesday, July 22 and Wednesday, July 23 from 9am to 3pm, will be the perfect place for fashion enthusiasts and bargain shoppers to shop until they drop with the assortment of affordable apparel and accessories to choose from by Chicago designers and independent boutiques.
October 14-19 Fashion Focus Fashion Week
The City of Chicago is home to thousands of fashion professionals including hundreds designers, manufacturers and independent boutiques. Fashion Focus Chicago Fashion Week is a celebration of Chicago’s thriving fashion industry, showcasing emerging to established fashion businesses with runway shows in Millennium Park, educational programming and selling events at various locations around the city.
Information and Resources
201 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60602
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St.
Chicago, IL. 60602
For travel information, visit www.transitchicago.com
Follow us on:
Fashion Focus: Chicago’s Fashion Week
October 14-19, 2014 • Various Locations • City-wide
Fashion Focus Chicago media credential instructions.
View photos showcasing Fashion Focus 2013 designs.