Fashion Focus Chicago
DCASE Homepage > Fashion Focus Chicago
(click on images to enlarge)
2015 Spring/Summer Fashion Events
The City of Chicago’s Fashion Program is supported by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events and partners with the Mayor’s Fashion Council, other City agencies, and the fashion community to:
- highlight the vibrancy and sustainability of the Chicago fashion industry and the business of fashion
- provide resources and facilitate opportunities for fashion professionals through advocacy, education and industry data collection and distribution
- strive to establish Chicago as a fashion destination and elevate the brand of fashion in Chicago
- partner and advise sister City agencies and industry organizations to work together to overcome challenges
- appoint, guide and direct the Mayor’s Fashion Council and its committees
- develop and execute Fashion Focus Chicago program initiatives each year and assure that they are aligned with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Cultural Plan for the City of Chicago. These programs include Fashion Focus: Chicago’s Fashion Week, Chicago Fashion Industry Town Hall, Annual Sidewalk Sale & Runway, and fashion education programming at events such as Creative Chicago Expo.
This kick-off event will showcase the Chicago fashion industry and its supporting agencies.
View photos from the 2014 Fashion Focus: Chicago’s Fashion Week.
Helpful list of fashion links.
Fashion Focus Chicago media credential instructions.