Millennium Park - McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
Millennium Park > Upcoming Events > McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
(click on images to enlarge)
Kicking off Chicago’s winter season, the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park will open on Friday, November 13, 2015 and will remain open through March 6, 2016, weather permitting. For the last 14 years, the rink has drawn more than 100,000 skaters annually and is free and open to the public. The rink, located on Michigan Avenue between Washington and Madison Streets, will still offer skate rental for only $12.
Regular Hours for the season are as follows:
- Mondays-Thursdays, 12 Noon—8pm
- Fridays, 12 Noon—10pm (ice skating lesson at 11am)
- Saturdays (Nov. 14-Jan. 2), 10am—10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Saturdays (Jan. 9-March 5), 10am—9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Sunday, 10am—9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
Special Holiday Hours:
- Thanksgiving Thursday, Nov. 26, 10am—4pm
- Friday, Nov. 27, 10am—10pm
- Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, 10am—6pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25, 10am—4pm (no ice skating lesson)
- Saturday, Dec. 26 through Wednesday, Dec. 30, 10am—10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- New Year’s Eve, Thursday, Dec. 31, 10am—8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- New Year’s Day, Friday, Jan. 1, 10am—10pm (no ice skating lesson)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, Jan. 18, 10am—8pm
- Chicago Public Schools Closed (School Improvement Day), Friday, Feb. 5, 10am—10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- President's Day, Monday, Feb. 15, 10am—8pm
Winter Workouts – Free Skating Lessons
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, one hour before the rink opens.
- Lessons and special programming (including speed demos, Noodle Hockey and ice dance demos) will be offered each day of Chicago Public School Winter Break, December 21–December 31, except December 25, one hour before the rink opens.
Grant support for Winter Workouts was provided by McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment, managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.
Ice Resurfacing Times:
- Monday–Thursday: 1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm and 6:15pm
- Friday: 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm, and 8:30pm
- Saturday: 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm, 8:30pm
- Sunday: 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm, 7:15pm
Ice Resurfacing lasts approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on conditions.
Dates: November 13, 2015-March 6, 2016 (weather permitting)
Skate rental is available for $12 (includes tax)
Skate sizes: Toddler 8 - Adult 13 (first come, first serve)
Lockers are available to rent for $1
Skate sharpening is available for $9
Hot chocolate and snacks are available at the Park Grill Cafe.
Millennium Park, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
201 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601
Every aspect of Millennium Park was designed to be fully accessible to all patrons. The following services are available:
- Wheelchair loans in the Millennium Park Welcome Center, 201 E. Randolph Street
- Integrated spaces for wheelchair seating at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- Wheelchair accessible restroom facilities
- Assisted listening devices at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion Sound Booth
For travel information, visit www.transitchicago.com
Convenient parking is located in the Millennium Park Garage (entrance on Columbus at Monroe or Randolph), Millennium Lakeside and Grant Park North.