The Halsted Triangle plan is intended to generally guide the implementation of future public and private projects within the Halsted Triangle and along the Clybourn Avenue corridor. In support of this general goal, the following objectives were defined during the workshop process:
- Promote connectivity between modes, between uses, and between the natural and built environments.
- Support and create opportunities for development that is compatible with and enhances the neighborhood.
- Promote and support non-residential uses along the river.
- Provide the opportunity for a continuous riverwalk and a connecting non-vehicular path system.
- Manage traffic congestion on primary streets in the study area by focusing on a multimodal transportation solution.
- Develop a parking strategy that supports neighborhood demand.
- Create pedestrian-friendly streetscapes that connect neighborhoods.
- Create strong connections to and from the riverwalk.
- Maintain current zoning and encourage development compatible with the adjacent Goose Island Planned Manufacturing District (PMD).
- Establish architectural guidelines to promote built form that is compatible with the neighborhood.
- Promote sustainable development practices.
- Develop a neighborhood way-finding system The following sections describe overall plan elements and
Download the plan.