For more information, call:
Will Edwards, Assistant Commissioner
TIFWorks stimulates business success by funding workforce-training costs for companies located in tax increment financing (TIF) districts. With TIFWorks support, businesses can become better equipped to improve performance and productivity, expand product lines and gain new customers.
Since 2008 TIFWorks has provided $4.3 million in TIF funds to 84 business for the training of 3295 employees and the hiring of 174 new employees.
If your company is located in an eligible TIF district in Chicago, you can receive funding for workforce-training programs.
Your business benefits with training programs that can help you:
- Develop and expand product lines
- Adapt to new technologies and equipment
- Comply with occupational or industry regulations
- Expand into new markets
- Promote growth and increase profit
Your business may be eligible if:
- It is located in, expanding into, or relocating to an eligible TIF district.
- Training will make you more competitive
- Training fulfills a specific workforce need
- You are willing to se measurable goals and can report on impact and performance improvements after training
Eligible applicants include:
- Employer or a group of employer with common needs
- Business or industry association
- Labor organization
- Educational institution
- Non-profit organization that will train and place Chicagoans in businesses located in eligible TIF districts
Types of training can include:
- Negotiation and sales
- Technology skills
- Leadership and management
- Communications and language skills
- Basic job performance skills
- Training to support new products, machinery or technology