What We Do
Customer Relationship Management
The CRM Program is composed of a suite of software applications that enable the delivery and tracking of many City services that directly touch individual constituents and businesses.
- Customer Service Request (CSR) system is the City’s cornerstone software application that enables citizens and businesses to request City services to be initiated online or by phone to 311, to be distributed to the appropriate City service departments that deliver the requested services, and to be tracked for status and for outcomes through the completion of the request, which also may be inquired about online or by phone to 311.
- Administrative Hearings Management System (AHMS) is the software application that enables many of the services provided by the Administrative Hearing Department. The system coordinates, tracks and reports on the matters which are reviewed and adjudicated relating to the public health, safety, welfare, morals and economic well being of the residents of the City of Chicago.
- Permitting / Case Management / Digger is the software application that enables City services which are provided by several departments such as transportation for trucks axle weight distribution & bridge selection/use permits and for moving vans through the Internet, CASE permits, Citizen Utility Alert Network (CUAN) / Digger.
- Work / Asset / Inventory Management is a software application that enables the Departments of Aviation and of Streets & Sanitation (i.e., Bureau of Forestry) to track, store, inventory and allocate materials, equipment and assets (e.g., City trees) as well as to track and analyze the work performed with these allocated resources.
Property Inspections and Reporting
The Enterprise Systems Division manages property inspections, reporting, and permitting. View the Inspection and Permitting Initiative (IPI) page.
The Enterprise Systems Division manages various aspects of Revenue IT, including IRIS, ARMS, Cashiering System, and EZ Dec. View the Revenue IT page.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - FMPS and CHIPPS
FMPS and CHIPPS are the major systems of the City of Chicago’s Enterprise Resource Planning suite. FMPS (Financial Management and Purchasing Systems) is comprised of payables, receivables, general ledger and numerous other modules that ensure City staff process financial transactions withy efficiency and accuracy. CHIPPS (Chicago Integrated Personnel and Payroll Systems) is comprised of human resources and payroll modules that serve as the backbone for maintaining employee records and payroll processing.
DoIT’s program to manage these applications has been in place since go-live in 2002. The program management team is comprised of skilled technicians, analysts and managers adept in application configuration, database management, business process analysis and project/program management.
The program team’s purpose is to provide overall vendor management, application management, infrastructure integrity and technical support to all users of the systems.
Working in conjunction with business process leads from Finance, Human Resources and Budget Management, DoIT has developed rigorous procedures for moving configurations and enhancements through the production migration path. The strict procedures are in place to ensure that no outlying codes or fixes will compromise financial and/or payroll processing.
Procurement / Compliance IT
- The Banner/C2 Program is responsible for financial and technical oversight, project management/development and vendor management of the following applications: Banner Customer Information System Certification and Compliance System - (C2), and Banner Customer Information System -
- Provides comprehensive customer accounting facilities for the City’s water and sewer services.
- Maintains records of customers, premises, services, accounts, meter readings, and inventory.
- Provides the means to record and bill for services in a cost effective, efficient, and manageable way.
- The Banner application is used primarily by the Department of Water Management and the Department of Revenue.
Certification & Compliance System (C2) –
The C2 System is a web-based tool that provides:
- Enhanced Minority, Women, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE) Directory with key-word search
- Online tracking of MWDBE Goal Attainment
- Online verification of MWDBE payments
- Flexible reporting capabilities for staff
- The C2 System is used primarily by the Office of Compliance, Department of Procurement Services and City contractors.