What We Do
Security and Data Management
The Security Program helps to reduce business and operational risk by managing the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of data.
- Providing external, internal, manual and automatic scanning and monitoring of data along with the Application Security Team and the Operations Team
- Providing design reviews and direction as part of the DoIT Architecture Team.
The Reporting Program supports the ad hoc reporting needs of approximately 2,000 internal City employees through the use of Business Objects web-based software, which is used against 70 business applications.
The primary goals of this function are:
- Providing an easy-to-use tool to reduce dependence on department technical staff
- Implementing a robust architecture to support City-wide use
- Supporting increased levels of technology for report distribution
The Database Administration (DBA) Program provides full DBA support for all phases of a database life cycle including requirement reviews, physical implementation and ongoing support.
- Reviewing requirements for licensing, space, performance, security, backup/recovery and architecture
- Creating physical databases and the applying security and maintenance patches
- Migrating schemas/data between stages of the System Development Life Cycle
- Assisting with database and SQL tuning