What We Do
Debt Management and Investor Relations
Provides oversight of the City's Debt Management and Cash Management functions. The Division serves two primary functions:
- Funds the capital improvement needs of the City of Chicago through the responsible issuance of municipal debt.
- Determines and approves structures, terms, and conditions for all City debt.
- Maintains records of bonded indebtedness.
- Manages investor relations.
- Ensures payment of debt.
- Maintains the City’s letter of credit portfolio.
- Manages City’s relationship with the rating agencies
- Projects and monitors the City’s cash position.
- Processes proposals from City banks wishing to serve as municipal depositories of the City of Chicago and Chicago Board of Education.
- Sets the security deposit rate for City of Chicago renters.
- Prepares the City’s annual Fiscal and Economic Indicators Report.
Bond Issuances (Debt Management/Investor Relations)
Bonds issued by the Department of Finance and related information may be downloaded through the link above.
View all Supporting Information