Mechanical Parking Lifts-requirements for submitting an application
The following are the requirements for submitting an application for mechanical parking lifts:
- Must be signed and sealed by an architect or a structural engineer licensed by the state of Illinois.
- Must be signed by the owner.
- Building information and construction classification must be completely filled out.
- The general contractor’s name and license number must be listed.
- The electrical contractor’s name and license number must be listed.
- The completed application form.
- Description of work to indicate “installation of parking lift for unit # ___”
- The completed electrical application form.
- A complete set of drawings detailing the installation prepared by and bearing the seal of an architect or structural engineer licensed by the state of Illinois.
- Provide floor plans, electrical plans, and sections indicating clearance heights.
- Indicate location of instructions and safety features.
- Indicate location of all equipment components and access areas for service.
- Structural calculations must be provided indicating the capacity of the structure to carry the additional load. Owner is responsible for verification of impact of multiple installations on the structure.
- Product literature
- Certification from the manufacturer that the equipment meets the requirements of the city of Chicago parking lift ordinance, specifically that the equipment is in compliance with the referenced standards as outlined in the ordinance.
- All dimensions, weights, etc. to be in English system, not metric.
- The actual product model number must be specified.
- Indicate the location of instructions and safety warnings on the equipment.
- Owner must verify that the unit will be owner-operated only.
- If the parking lift is to be installed inside a building controlled by a condominium association, an approval letter from the condominium association must be included.
- If the parking lift is to be installed inside a building controlled by a management company, an approval letter from the management company must be included.
- This may be a Self-Certification application if a structural peer review is provided.