DCASE Cultural Grants Programs
The mission of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events is to enrich Chicago’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy. To support this overarching mission, Cultural Grants Program’s goal is simple: to serve as a catalyst to foster a robust, healthy arts community where artists, non-profit arts and culture and creative industries thrive.
The DCASE Cultural Grants Program strives to:
(1) Elevate Chicago’s arts and culture community;
(2) Promote access to the breadth of arts and cultural programming in our city; and
(3) Support those not typically represented in traditional local funding infrastructures.
DCASE currently offers three Cultural Grants Programs:
• Individual Artists Program (funding for individual artists) – Provides project-based funding for professional artists.
• CityArts (funding for nonprofit organizations) – Provides grants to Chicago-based, arts and culture-focused, non-profit organizations of all sizes.
• IncentOvate (funding for nonprofit organizations) - Arts and culture organizations with budgets over $2 million that previously applied for support through the InentOvate program can now apply through a distinct application within the CityArts Program.