2017 Grant Calendar
Announcing the 2017 DCASE Individual Artists Program (IAP) Grants Process and Schedule
The Individual Artists Program aims to assist Chicago’s professional artists in creating work that elevates their careers and brings value to the City of Chicago.
This year’s IAP program will include significant updates to guidelines and eligible program categories. All applicants are required to attend an Application Assistance Workshop in order to apply for a grant.
The Grant Application is now open. Please click on the following link to access the application in Cybergrants: https://www.cybergrants.com/dcase/grants/2017IndividualArtistsProgram
IAP guidelines are now available. To view eligibility criteria and guidelines, Download the 2017 packet (PDF). The IAP Application period opens on December 1, 2016, and the Deadline for applications is January 13, 2017. Absolutely no extensions will be granted.
The free workshop schedule is as follows:
Just Added – Final IAP Grant Training Workshop
Due to high demand, we have added one final training workshop for the 2017 IAP Grant Application:
• When: Wednesday, December 14, 2016
• Where: Chicago Cultural Center, Yates Gallery, 4th Floor
• Time: 10am–12pm
Please reserve a spot here: https://iapmandatorytrainingfinal.eventbrite.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Workshops at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St., Chicago
• Monday, November 7, 6-8pm Claudia Cassidy Theater, 2nd Floor North
• Thursday, November 10, 10am-12pm, 5th Floor Washington Room - A Sign Language interpreter will be available at this session.
• Thursday, November 10, 2-4pm, 5th Floor Garland Room
• Tuesday, November 15, 2-4pm, 2nd Floor Claudia Cassidy Theater
• Thursday, November 17, 10am-12pm, 4th Floor Sidney R. Yates Gallery
• Thursday, November 17, 2-4pm, 4th Floor Sidney R. Yates Gallery
• Thursday, November 17, 5-7pm, 4th Floor Sidney R. Yates Gallery
• Tuesday, November 22, 10am-12pm, 2nd Floor Claudia Cassidy Theater
• Monday, December 5, 6-8pm Claudia Cassidy Theater, 2nd Floor North
To sign up for one of these training sessions, please visit: http://iapworkshops.eventbrite.com
Workshop at Zhou B Art Center, 1029 W. 35th St., Chicago
• Wednesday, November 9, 7-9pm
To sign up for this training session, please visit: http://dcaseiapworkshopzhoub.eventbrite.com
Workshop at Comfort Station, 2579 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago
• Tuesday, November 15, 7–9pm*
*Space is limited
To sign up for this training session, please visit: http://iapworkshopsoffsite.eventbrite.com
Workshop at Life Creative, 1655 W. Walnut St., Chicago
• Wednesday, November 16, 6-8pm
To sign up for this training session, please visit: https://dcasemandatoryworkshop-lc.eventbrite.com
Workshops will review updates to grant guidelines and eligibility requirements, review criteria and provide guidance to help applicants prepare the strongest, most competitive applications. Following the presentation, there will be time for applicants to speak with DCASE staff and ask questions.
We are currently assessing the need for workshops/application translations into other languages. Please provide your feedback and we will evaluate this information and provide support based on need. Send your name, & language, and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAP guidelines are now available. Download the 2017 packet (PDF). The IAP Application period opens on December 1, 2016, and the Deadline for applications is January 13, 2017. Absolutely no extensions will be granted.
General IAP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
• Be a professional artist in one of the following disciplines: Visual Arts, Media Arts and Film, Music, Dance, Theater, Performance Art, Interdisciplinary, Literary Arts, Architecture, Photography, Design (includes Fashion, Industrial, and Costume), or Curatorial Arts
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be a United States citizen or a holder of permanent alien status
• Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of residency is required for application - we will only accept a Driver’s License or State of Illinois ID)
Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to three consecutive years before he or she is required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2014, 2015, and 2016, you may not apply for the 2017 Cycle.
2017 Grant Calendar
||January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
|November 10-22, 2016
|Applicants are required to attend a training session.
|Application Guildelines Available
|November 1, 2016
|December 1, 2016
|Applicant access codes will be disseminated at each workshop.
|January 13, 2017 at 5pm CST
Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
|Notification of Results
|All applications will be notified via e-mail sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.
||Grant agreement and forms must be filed.
|Payments may be electronic or via check.
|Final Reports Due
||January 31, 2018
||Reports will be completed electronically. Reports will open on December 1, 2017.