Individual Artists Program (IAP)
2018 Grant Calendar
The Individual Artists Program aims to assist Chicago’s professional artists in creating work that elevates their careers and brings value to the City of Chicago.
The application will open and guidelines will become available on October 1, 2018.
All applicants are encouraged, though not required, to attend an Application Assistance Workshop. Please use the following link to RSVP for a workshop:
The 2018 workshop schedule is as follows. All workshops listed below will take place at the Chicago Cultural Center. Additional workshop dates will be added as we approach the application open date.
• Thursday, October 4: 5:00pm - 7:00pm in 5th Floor Millennium Park Room
• Thursday, October 11: 9:00am - 11:00am in 5th Floor Millennium Park Room
• Tuesday, October 16: 5:00pm - 7:00pm in 5th Floor Millennium Park Room
• Thursday, October 18: 12:00pm - 2:00pm in 5th Floor Washington Room
• Wednesday, October 24: 2:00pm - 4:00pm in 5th Floor Millennium Park Room
• Friday, October 26: 9:00am - 11:00am in 5th Floor Washington Room
Rooms are subject to change. Please check to confirm the room upon arrival.
General IAP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
• Be a professional artist in one of the following disciplines: Architecture, Dance, Design (includes Fashion, Industrial, and Costume), Interdisciplinary, Literary Arts, Media Arts and Film, Music, Performance Art, Photography, Public Art, Social Practice, Sound Art, Theater, Visual Arts.
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be a United States citizen or permanent legal status
• Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of residency is required for application - we will only accept a Driver’s License or State of Illinois ID)
Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to three consecutive years before being required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2016, 2017 and 2018, you may not apply for the 2019 cycle.
Project-based grants will be made across six funding categories:
• Chicago Projects
• Touring Projects
• Mobile and City-Wide Projects
• Works in Progress
• Social Practice
• Professional Advancement and Creative Research
2019 Grant Calendar
|Application Guidelines Available
||October 1, 2018
|October 1, 2018
|November 15, 2018 at 5pm CST
Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
|Notification of Results
|All applicants will be notified via e-mail sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.
||Grant agreement and forms must be filed.
|This is a projected payment timeline that is subject to change.
|Final Reports Due
||January 31, 2020
||Reports will be completed electronically. Reports will open in December 2019.