- Dates: Year-round, Weekdays at Noon
- Location: Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington St., Chicago, IL
- Categories: Dance, Music, Flag-Raising, Theater, Other
- Submissions Accepted: Ongoing
Artists, entertainers and organizations may apply to perform at Under the Picasso, the weekday noon-time performance series in Daley Center Plaza. Applicants must have prior approval from DCASE and the PBC before proceeding with any proposed event, activity, exhibit or display and before accepting any sponsorship for such a proposed event, activity, exhibit or display that will be in conjunction with Daley Plaza.
'Applications for permit’ should be filed no more than 365 days and no fewer than 30 days before the scheduled event date.
Daley Plaza Objectives
Through the support of Daley Center Civic Center (DCC), Public Building Commission (PBC) and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) all events, activities and/or displays is encouraged to:
- Stimulate public understanding and recognition of the importance of cultural institutions within the City of Chicago.
- Promote an encouraging atmosphere for creative artists residing within the City of Chicago, nationally and internationally.
- Increase awareness of the City’s cultural diversity by providing a showcase for Chicago’s ethnic community to share their arts and crafts.
- Promote public support for the arts by offering an opportunity for Chicago area arts and cultural organizations to present educational and artistic display, events, activities, and exhibits.
See other Festival applications