Chicago Blues Festival Schedule - Friday, June 9, 2017
Chicago Blues Festival > Chicago Blues Festival Schedule - June 9
(click on image to enlarge)
The complete Chicago Blues Festival schedule for Friday, June 9 is listed below.
Michigan Ave. & Columbus Ave.
(schedule is subject to change)
Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- 5-6pm - John Primer and The Real Deal
- 6:20-7:05pm - Rhymefest
- 7:20-9:20pm - Celebrating 40 Years: Billy Branch & The Son of Blues with special guests Lurrie Bell, Freddie Dixon, J.W.S. Williams, Carlos Johnson, Carl Weathersby, Bill McFarland and Chicago Fire Horns and Mae Koen & The Lights
Budweiser Crossroads Stage (South Promenade)
- 11:15-12:15am - Demetria Taylor
- 12:45-1:45pm - Mary Lane and the No Static Blues Band
- 2:15-3:15pm - Nick Moss Band
- 3:45-4:45pm - The Mike Wheeler Band
- 5:15-6:15pm - Guy King
Mississippi Juke Joint (North Promenade)
- 11:30am-12:30pm - Blues in the Schools with Katherine Davis and Stone Academy
- 1-2pm - Eden Brent
- 2:30-3:30pm - Cedric Burnside Project
- 4-5pm - Jarekus Singleton
- 5:30-7:30pm - Jam Session with Cedric Burnside
Front Porch Stage (Harris Theater Rooftop)
- 12 Noon–1pm - Rip Lee Pryor
- 1:20–2:20pm - The Jimmy Burns Band
- 2:45-3:45pm - Henry Gray & Bob Corritore
- 4:15–5:15pm - Tribute to Barrelhouse Chuck featuring Billy Flynn, Johnny Iguana, Roosevelt Purifoy and Piano Willie OShawny
June 10 >
Blues Harmonica Legend James Cotton: July 1, 1935 - March 16, 2017
The Chicago Blues Festival is deeply saddened by the passing of the legendary James Cotton - a true giant and blues harmonica master. Mr. Cotton was scheduled to perform at the festival this year with Billy Branch. We were honored to have him perform on the festival stage in 2013 for a Chicago Blues set like no other! May he rest in peace.
(click on images to enlarge)
James Cotton last performed at the Chicago Blues Festival on June 9, 2013. Mr. Cotton is pictured on stage with Billy Branch, John Primer, Matthew Skoller and Deitra Farr.