Clarke House Museum banner

Clarke House Museum Collections

DCASE Homepage  >  Clarke House Museum  >  Collections

Clarke House Museum ceramics

 

NSCDA-IL Collection

The collection of The National Society of The Colonial Dames in the State of Illinois (NSCDA-IL) is representative of what the Clarke family would have owned and furnished the home with during their residency (1836-1872). The NSCDA-IL Collection consists of period furniture, decorative arts, ceramics, glassware, and other household items which help interpret family life in pre-Civil War Chicago.

 

CHM Collection

Clarke House Museum orginial paint and wallpaper

The Clarke House Museum Collection consists of items relating to the history of Chicago’s oldest building from its construction through its transformation into a public museum. The collection contains architectural fragments, original paint and wallpaper samples, photographs and publications from the occupancy of the St. Paul Church of God in Christ (owners 1941-1977), and archives related to the restoration of the house in 1977 and 2004.

 

Chrimes-Walter Family Collection

Clarke House Museum has an extensive archive of photographs, family mementoes, and documents from the residency of the home’s second owners, the John Crimes family (owners 1872-1941). The collection was donated to the museum by great-grandson Howard Summers Walter in 1984 and is available to researchers by appointment.