Skating is FREE and open to the public
Skate Rentals & Sharpening:
Toddler 8 to Adult 13 available first come, first serve
- $13 Monday–Thursday
- $15 Friday-Sunday and Holidays (see below for list of dates)
- $9 Skate Sharpening
- $1 Locker Rentals
- Mondays–Thursdays, noon–8pm
- Fridays, noon–10pm (ice skating lesson at 11am)
- Saturdays & Sundays, 10am–9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
Free Ice Skating Lessons:
Once again, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events will present Winter Workouts with free skating lessons on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, one hour before the rink opens. Additionally, lessons will be offered during Chicago Public School’s Winter Break, December 22 – January 6, one hour before the rink opens, except for December 25. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Grant support for Winter Workouts ice skating lessons is provided by McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment, managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.
Special Events at the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink and the Millennium Park Campus
Holiday Hours (Holiday Skate Rental Pricing Applies on these dates):
- Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22, 10am–4pm (no lesson)
- Friday, November 23, 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24, 10am–6pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Christmas Day, Tuesday, December 25, 10am–4pm (no lesson)
- Wednesday, December 26 – Sunday, December 30, 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- New Year’s Eve, Monday, December 31, 10am–8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1, 10am–10pm (no lesson)
- Wednesday, January 2–Sunday, January 6, 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 14, 10am–8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Chicago Public School Improvement Day, Friday, February 1, 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- President’s Day, Monday, February 18,10am–8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
Ice Resurfacing Times:
Ice Resurfacing lasts approximately 15-30 minutes, depending on conditions.
- Mondays–Thursdays: 1:30pm, 3pm, 4:30pm & 6:15pm
- Fridays: 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm & 8:30pm
- Saturdays & Sundays: 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm, 5:30pm & 7:15pm
The ice rink is open daily depending on weather. Closures due to severe weather will be posted on Millennium Park's facebook and twitter pages. This information is not posted here.
Rules & Regulations:
- Skate at your own risk
- Skate carefully at all times and be mindful of other skaters. Horseplay, game playing, excessive speed or roughness will not be tolerated. Those skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with the enjoyment of other skaters may be asked to leave.
- Follow any instructions given by ice rink staff
- Skate only in the direction indicated by ice rink staff
- The following are not allowed on the ice. Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of rink staff.
- Speed skates
- Double-bladed skates
- Street shoes
- Hockey sticks or pucks
- Skate scooters or other aid devices for new skaters
- Strollers or wagons
- Dogs or other pets
- Food or beverages
For information on private skating event options, please contact the Private Events staff
For partnership and sponsorship opportunities at the ice rink, please contact the DCASE Partnerships staff