Payment Receipt Information

Housing and Economic Development Payment Receipts

Powered by Socrata

Vendors seeking payment from HED must complete a two-step process.

Vendors must submit a pro forma invoice (unofficial duplicate invoice) to the appropriate HED contact, along with any documentation that may be required, such as:

  • Reference Purchase Order Number
  • Release Number
  • A unique, number-captioned Invoice Number
  • Invoice Date
  • Date of Service
  • Period covered ( in date format)
  • Service Description
  • Quantity or service level
  • Price Per Unit as presented in the Release
  • Total PO Release quantity and amount
  • Amount applied on this invoice
  • Unpaid balance

Once you have your receipt number from HED confirming that the good(s) and/or service(s) rendered were satisfactory, an official invoice along with the receipt number must be sent to the City Comptroller’s Office.

Invoices can be sent via email to: with the word INVOICE in the subject line.

Or via US Postal Service to:

City of Chicago
Office of the City Comptroller
33 N. LaSalle St., Room 700
Chicago, IL 60602


 I Want To