Budget Office Publications
In connection with preparing the City's yearly budget, the Budget Office prepares the annual publications listed below.
- The Annual Financial Analysis provides a review of the City's revenues and expenditures over the past 10 years, a forecast of the City's finances for the next three years, and analyses of the City's reserves, pension contributions, debt obligations, and capital improvement program. The goal of the Annual Financial Analysis is to provide a framework for the development of the City's annual operating and capital budgets with an emphasis on planning for future years, and to provide in-depth information on City finances in a format that is approachable for the public.
- The Budget Overview Book provides a summary of the proposed budget and detailed information on the City's anticipated revenues, expenditures, and personnel. It also provides a statement of the goals and purposes of each City department, a summary of the programs and services provided by each department, and information regarding the cost of and the funding sources supporting each City department.
- The Budget Recommendations contain line-item budget detail for all local funds and an outline of the City's anticipated grant funding for the coming year. At the same time, line-item budgets for the anticipated grants are posted online. Once approved by the City Council, the Budget Recommendations, along with any amendments, become the Annual Appropriation Ordinance.
- The Annual Appropriation Ordinance is the final City Budget when approved by the City Council.
- The Draft Action Plan presents programs and resources that address key housing and community development needs identified by the City and details a proposed comprehensive annual budget for the City's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant, Home Investment Partnership Grant (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Grant programs (HOPWA).
- The Final Action Plan is the City's approved annual budget for CDBG, the Emergency Shelter Grant, HOME, and HOPWA. It is submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for funding consideration.
- The Capital Improvement Program is a comprehensive list of capital improvements scheduled to occur in the City over the next five years. It is updated annually and made available on the City's website.
For electronic copies of these documents from 2011 to the present, please click here: Annual Budget Publications (2011 to 2014)
For the 2014 Budget please see below.