August 26, 2017
Transamerica Chicago Triathlon, Wrigley Field Concert and Other Events This Weekend Impact Traffic; Residents Reminded of Security Measures
Zac Brown Band at Wrigley Field, Lionel Richie at United Center
The Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) is encouraging residents to be informed of this weekend’s activities that may impact traffic as well as the security measures in place for events. Motorists and pedestrians should be aware of street closures, parking restrictions and crowds and plan accordingly. As always, at events, in crowds and in everyday life – it is everyone’s responsibility to report suspicious activity.
Wrigley Field Concert
Zac Brown Band on Saturday at 7 pm, Gates open at approximately 5 pm.
Night parking restrictions are in effect for the event and will be strictly enforced. If your vehicle is towed, call 311 City Services to obtain assistance in locating your vehicle.
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow time for the security measures – including metal detector screenings and bag searches in compliance with policies.
- Fans are encouraged to enter the ballpark through the gate listed on their tickets.
- Motorists in the area should be prepared for traffic slowdowns adjacent to the venue, which will be implemented by public safety officials should conditions warrant.
- Expect street closures on Sheffield from Addison to Waveland. Additional street closures in the area may be implemented to ensure the public safety, if necessary.
- Ride Share Drop off/Pick up designations are located at:
- From North: Irving Park between Clark and Seminary
- From South: Clark, south of Roscoe, facing southbound, west side of 3300 block
United Center Concert
Lionel Richie & Mariah Carey on Saturday at 7 pm.
Gates open at 5:30 pm.
- Fans are urged to arrive early to allow for security screenings at entry.
- For prohibited items, see the website at www.UnitedCenter.com
Transamerica Chicago Triathlon
Transamerica Chicago Triathlon at Monroe Harbor is on Sunday. The event starts at Monroe Harbor for the swim portion, and transfers to the Bike and Run events which move along the Lakefront from Hollywood to 31st Street. The finish line is approximately at 9th and Columbus.
On Saturday, The Life Time Kids Tri Chicago at Foster Beach, 5200 N. Lake Shore Drive at 7 am.
- Saturday, 5 am to Sunday, 7 pm. Columbus Dr. from Balbo Dr. to Roosevelt Rd.
- Saturday, 11 am to Sunday, 4 pm. Randolph St. exit ramp from Lake Shore Dr.
- Sunday, Inner two lanes of Lake Shore Dr. from Randolph St. to Hollywood Ave.; Eastbound Mid-Level Randolph St. from Columbus Dr. to Lake Shore Drive and Lower / Intermediate Wacker Dr. and ramp from Michigan Ave. to Harrison St. and Intermediate Columbus Dr. from Lake St. to Water St.; Lower Columbus Dr. from Lower Wacker Dr. to Lower Randolph Dr.
Other events this weekend include the Taste of Greektown, Ukrainian Days Festival, Bucktown Arts Fest and Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit at Guaranteed Rate Field.
As always, public transportation is strongly encouraged. For more information, visit the CTA at www.transitchicago.com or Metra at www.metrarail.com.
If You See Something, Say Something
OEMC encourages attendees, venue employees, residents and public to always be aware of surroundings and if you see something, say something to on-site security or call 9-1-1. OEMC will be monitoring these events and TCA’s are deployed to facilitate traffic.
Get Chicago emergency alerts by signing-up for OEMC’s NotifyChicago alert system at www.notifychicago.org. This is a free service provided by the City of Chicago.
# # #